Thursday, November 18, 2010

Would changing the fan speed hurt anything?

I have a 7900GS and a 3.06ghz celeron processor. I want to change the fan speed of my 7900GS through nTune (I changed it and it got a tad louder, but noise doesn't matter to me). Right now it's factory set at 23.75%. Would it hurt if I changed it to 40%? 50%? How high can I go without having it die?



Notes: I only have one 4-pin molex in the PCI-E power cable, which has 2 4-pin molex connectors.Would changing the fan speed hurt anything?
speeding up your fan more than 10% will cause it to burn out very qiuckly. slowing it down will let your chip overheat and fry. I suggest leaving it alone.Would changing the fan speed hurt anything?
No point keep increasing the fan speed, it just shorten the fan life, and it is not speeding up the computer.

If your PC is having hang and auto-shutdown problem and you suspect is due to heat, I suggest you add a 12Volt fan, most PC have space for this extra fan,Would changing the fan speed hurt anything?
Over clocking are we? 1) First remove your fan from the card(usually four screws, and use a hand screw driver those screws are week! There are 4 little springs with the screws) 2) apply arctic silver thermal grease to all the chips 3) Then wait a few minutes and reinstall the fan and card. The cheap grease(if any)they put on their cards helps identify over clocked cards. 4) center a hole directly over the card in the side panel and put a fan there 5)your card throttles your fan speed up as it increases in usage so 10% or 15% will suffice with grease and another fan helping and you dont have to worry about the fan taking a dump and frying your card

No comments:

Post a Comment