Thursday, November 18, 2010

Help with my computer fan. It's too loud.?

So I've had this computer (eMachines W3619) for about 2-3 years. Whenever I try to run big programs like World of Warcraft, the fan is annoyingly loud. I've dealt with it. Recently I installed the beta for Windows 7 and still have had the same loud fan problems as before. I also opted to use Windows Sidebar in lieu of Windows Explorer for the looks of it and in my experience it's more memory efficient. Yesterday, when I went to run World of Warcraft, my fan was being as quiet as it is when I'm not doing anything for about the first 10 minutes of the program running. Then it went back to being loud as usual. Today, I woke my computer from standby mode, and the fan was being loud, and continued to be loud. Usually it's loud in a short burst, then quiets down again. Now no matter what I do, I can't get it to be quiet again. I'm under the assumption that the fan doesn't work based on temp readings, but on how much memory is being used. The fans are clean, and the air coming out of the vent is cooler than room temperature. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is the normal operation? Is there a way I can fix this? I'd appreciate your help.



Oh, and I've already tried Speedfan. The program does not give me accurate readings, and will not let me change my fan speed. Thank you for reading. :)Help with my computer fan. It%26039;s too loud.?
Try buying a new fan

No comments:

Post a Comment