Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Graphic card enquiry.....?

Details of my graphic card according to TechPowerUp GPU-Z 0.4.2(My question is deep below):

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

GPU: G92

Technology: 65nm

Transistor: 754M

Shaders: 112 Unified

DirectX Support: 10.0/SM4.0

Pixel Fillrate: 8.9 GPixel/s:

Texture Fillrate: 35.5 GTexel/s

Memory Type: GDDR3

Memory Size: 1024MB

Bus Width: 256 Bit

Bandwidth: 57.6GB/s

Driver Version:nvlddmkm8.17.11.9745(ForceWare 197.45)/Win7

GPU Clock: 555MHz Memory: 900MHz Shader: 1350MHz

Default Clock: 550MHz Memory: 900MHz Shader: 1357MHz

NVIDIA SLI: Disabled



Idle GPU Temperatue: 50.0 Degree C

Fan Speed: 40%



Now the question is....under the given information.....is the temperature and fan speed gud?....and wat is the danger temperature i must look out for?....how do i treat that?.....how to change the fan speed....in windows 7 ?Graphic card enquiry.....?
Well, one way to change the Fan Speed would be to use http://www.evga.com/precision/ EVGA Precision. Of course, you need to be a member at EVGA.com. But once you are, you download it, and install it, and uncheck the Auto next to the Fan speed, and you increase the Fan speed.



Is an idle speed of 50C good? Sure... I mean, I idle at 47c with a fan speed at 30% and I idle at 44C at 70% with my EVGA 9800 GT. However, I'm running a clock speed of 600mhz, memory at 900mhz, and a shader clock of 1500mhz.... so your temp of 50c at 40% fan is a bit high for what would be considered an underclock.



But who knows what the room environment is you are running in. I mean, my system has an excellent dual 120mm cooling fan system, with a 120mm vertical cooling tower on my CPU that keeps air moving VERY well through my computer (God I love my Tuniq Tower Cooler) and the room I'm in gets slightly warm from the computers... you could be sweating where your computer is, or your tower cooling might not be all that great.



Anything higher than 75C and you should be worried.



end of line

No comments:

Post a Comment