Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Processor fan running at high speed?

Hi



My system is 2-1/2 years old. Over the past one month, I hear lot of sound from the processor fan. There is no significant change in the room temperature, but still the fan is running at high speed.



I installed SpeedFan 4.35 to determine the Temperature inside the CPU. The software is showing the following readings.



Fan1: 4096 RPM



Ambient : 42C

Remote1 : 66C

Remote2 : 40C

HD0 : 39C

Temp1 : 22C



Of all the above 5 readings, Ambient is shown in RED color.



I dont understand what Ambient is...



Can you please tell me what Ambient is and how to reduce its temperature.



Thanks in advance.



RaviProcessor fan running at high speed?
Open your system and clean the fan. Its got 2 and 1/2 years of dog hair, dandruff, dead skin and goodness knows what clogging it up meaning it is not colling the CPU efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment