Thursday, November 18, 2010

How to reassign RAM to my graphics card.?

I have a Nvidia 8300 GS 128mb dedicated memory, and according to my Nvidia Control Panel I can share 1279mb of shared memory (not a typo). Windows Vista Premium only needs at most 2GB and that 1GB, it's just sitting there. I wanna know how to assign the RAM and I checked my BIOS for Graphics Apertexture and it's not there as I use an HP BIOS and it doesn't let me do basically anything from change fan speed (for overclocking) or change Graphics Apertexture.How to reassign RAM to my graphics card.?
The only way I know how to reallocate memory is through the BIOS. Generally, in most laptop and esktop PC's there's a menu option/setting for this function.



Also, simply because Vista requires 1GB of memory, and your PC has 2GB of memory, it doesn't mean the memory is just %26quot;sitting there%26quot;. Believe me! it's being used. Vista is a memory hog.



I recommend upgrading the graphics card, and not reallocating memory from within the BIOS.
  • wavy hair
  • hack into myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment