Wednesday, November 24, 2010

1993 BMW 525i fan works only @ the highest speed.?

My 1993 BMW 525i has a fan problem - it works only at the highest speed. I am told that there is a resistor which is gone bad and needs to be changed. Can I change this myself? How difficult is this? Any step by step instructions? Also, graphic description of where it is located would be truly helpful. Did anyone here actually fixed this problem by themselves or by a mechanic? How much does it cost?1993 BMW 525i fan works only @ the highest speed.?
Before you change anything you should check the connection to the fan and make sure it doesn't have any corrosion.1993 BMW 525i fan works only @ the highest speed.?
I believe you are not talking of the main radiator fan or the auxiliary electric fan in front of the radiator.

Rather you are talking of the AC/Heater blower fan working only at the high setting.

This is true when the final stage switch (resistor pack) is defective.

It is hidden underneath the right dashboard area, to the left of the glove box, to the right of the blower itself, very near the firewall. It is doable by a DIY who has a little patience and some minimum tools.

I have given instructions for this so many times. Just check my previous answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment