Thursday, November 18, 2010

How can i stop my graphics card from overworking?

i have had this issue for some time now and in only one game, I have tried driver updates and game updates but nothing fixes it. the problem is as follows.



only in the original Farcry, my computer can push an average of about 200 FPS.. this is an issue because the graphics card seems to always be pushing itself to its full potential and I just want a 60 frames per second. when i play for long periods of time my card eventually overheats and then i get all kinds of red artifacts on my screen and my computer crashes and i am forced to reboot.



if you have any suggestions on how i can limit what my graphics card can push out without underclocking it because i have tried this and it did not fix it..



I have tried original drivers, new drivers, underclocking the VGA card so that temps would decrease, manually changed fan speed to a constant 100% on the VGA card to keep the card ad a lower temperature, reducing my cpu speed to the stock 2.4ghz, replaced PSU... nothing seems to work and i looked on google and everyone asks why i would want to reduce my frames per second, they never got the point.... so any help is apreciated lol. and sorry for the long question. i just like to provide all the info i can upfront



system specs:

q6600 @3.0ghz

BFG 8800GT OC2

4gb OCZ gold

OCZ modXstream 780WHow can i stop my graphics card from overworking?
force V-Sync from your graphics card control panelHow can i stop my graphics card from overworking?
See the OC in the name of the video card...it's Overclocked. Sounds to me like the card is going bad, If you underclock it and it still overheats, then the card is just dying.





time to replace.

No comments:

Post a Comment