Thursday, November 18, 2010

How Can I Change The Speed Of My Computer Fans?

ok, i have in total 6 fans in my case, including PSU fan, graphics card fan and front fan. Now i want to speed up one or 2 fans i have but want to know what application lets you do it.



i have tried speed fan but it doesn't find all my fans, and doesn't seem to work.



are there any other applications??How Can I Change The Speed Of My Computer Fans?
Speedfan needs to recognize your motherboard chipset and will only work on fans connected to the motherboard. It also needs to be configured.



The PSU fan is controlled by the PSU (depending on amount of heat generated or power consumed). Don't mess with it.



The graphics card fan can be sped up/controlled with RivaTuner (similar to speedfan). Rivatuner also overclocks and does other stuff.



Your motherboard fans are probably controlled by your motherboard, or they're running at maximum already. Use your BIOS to turn off motherboard fan control, or just plug them all into the 12v molex with an adapter: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as



it's simple enough really, black wire to black wire, red wire to yellow wire to give your fans 12v.



Fans attached to a molex from the power supply are already running at maximum speed, unless you have them going through a fan controller or series resistor or something. Case fans by default run at a maximum RPM at 12v, the highest voltage available from your PSU. If they're not fast enough or powerful enough for you, get a stronger fan, such as: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as



comes with fan controller, and it's one powerful fan. Controller is not necessary.



All that said, you can probably overvolt your fans using the 12v as a power source if you're an electrical engineer or have experience with building circuits.How Can I Change The Speed Of My Computer Fans?
cant you do it in BIOS settings ?How Can I Change The Speed Of My Computer Fans?
Replace fans with new one that are faster working.How Can I Change The Speed Of My Computer Fans?
you can change the speed of your fan in System BIOS (Basic In Out System)

No comments:

Post a Comment