Wednesday, November 24, 2010

According to speedfan, my remote fan is running 55-60 degrees. What is wrong and how can I fix it?

I have a Emachines W3503. I just replaced the power supply last night and did see that all 3 fans are running inside the computer. I also have small fans blowing on the computer to try to cool it down. I have tried taking side panel off and also leaving it on, doesn't make much difference. I have tried changing the speed of the fans with Speedfan, but I think my motherboard is the brand that won't let you. Any suggestions on how to get the computer to cool down and/or what could be wrong? Yes, I have cleaned it out of dust - learned to do that every several months and it used to help, but now the remote fan runs hot temps. Also, according to Speedfan, fans 3 and 4 don't even register, showing 0 rpm. A solution would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!According to speedfan, my remote fan is running 55-60 degrees. What is wrong and how can I fix it?
It might not really be a problem... Is that 55-60 degrees when idle, or under load? What happens to temps when you stress the processor by running a spyware scan (Like Spybot search and destroy) or try decoding a DVD? And what does it read for your CPU temp?



Keep in mind that Speedfan can sometimes get a bad reading. I suspect your motherboard doesn't communicate any info on fans 3 and 4.According to speedfan, my remote fan is running 55-60 degrees. What is wrong and how can I fix it?
Your ambient temperature or room temperature play a big part in this. Hopefully it is under 80 deg. F. Does your Bios setup have a section where you can view your fan speeds and CPU temperatures to compare them with your SpeedFan software results? Not all motherboards are compatible with SpeedFan unless they call out your specific motherboard model. The temperature sensor diodes may not be compatible in that you are not getting an accurate readout.According to speedfan, my remote fan is running 55-60 degrees. What is wrong and how can I fix it?
Speedfan can only control the fans connected to the motherboard and the fans have to be PWM controlled. (Pulse Width Modulation) They will have at least 3 wires for each fan.



Unless you know where the temp sensors are located on your motherboard and what they mean. (Temp 3, internal temp, etc) you don't even know what is running at what temp!



If you really want to know how hot your processor is running I would use Core Temp. That's what I use along with Speedfan.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/



In general, Pentium D processors run hot unless you are using a 3rd party heatsink that has extra cool capabilities with heatpipes. If you are using a %26quot;Stock%26quot; cooler it will run hot...

These processors can run very hot and still work just fine.

They were designed to run at pretty high temps being 147F/ 64.4c for your processor.

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details

No comments:

Post a Comment