Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Computer won't boot and the CPU fan spins at full speed?

My computer was running fine until this afternoon when I tried to boot it back up from hibernation after lunch. When I press the power button, the CPU fans run at full speed,and that's it. It does not even show the first BIOS screen. No display at all. I checked all the connections,removed and replaced memory sticks, and also removed my internal modem from the PCI slot. But no change, I power it up and only the fans spin up full speed,nothing after that. Any one know about this problem, or have any ideas how to fix this?

I have a Dell Optiplex GX280 with an Intel 845 board and Pentium 4. Thanks.Computer won%26039;t boot and the CPU fan spins at full speed?
Try resetting CMOS either thru CMOS jumper or by removing CMOS battery for about 30 seconds. Do this while PC is unplugged.



Then power ON. If there is a single beep, PC is OK and should display POST. Press Del, F1 or what the prompt indicates. BIOS menu should open. Adjust time and date then load fail safe defaults, save and exit. PC will reboot and should be ok.



If clearing CMOS does not work, you may have a problem with the motherboard.Computer won%26039;t boot and the CPU fan spins at full speed?
Its not the hard drive, or cmos that needs to be cleared its a faulty motherboard. I've run into the same problem with a computer at my shop the fan speeds up and the system never boots.

Report Abuse

Computer won%26039;t boot and the CPU fan spins at full speed?
Is the hard drive fan spinning? I think you've blown your hard drive. Looks like you might have to go shopping for another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment