Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Should I use Cool'N'Quiet?

I currently have Cool'N'Quiet disabled, but I just noticed that my heat sink is a little noisy. According to Speedfan, the heat sink fan is running at 5017 RPM, while the CPU is at 40c.



My question is if I should turn on Cool'N'Quiet. I don't know much about it, but I've heard that it can decrease performance, and decrease CPU life over time. Is this true? Should I use it or not?



Another option would be to just turn down the fan speed in Speedfan. But I don't know how low I should set it - it's at 100% right now. Would you recommend changing the speed in Speedfan and if so how low?



Thanks.Should I use Cool%26039;N%26039;Quiet?
Cool and quiet is a setting for small computers like a miniatx.

If your computer is bigger than that don't use it because it will only decrease performance and the chances are it wont do much in the way of making it %26quot;quiet!%26quot;.



Its just for these really big jet like fans on the small computers because they need to be controlled by temperature. Otherwise it would sound like a hoover 24/7Should I use Cool%26039;N%26039;Quiet?
the fan will slow down in cool n quiet mode and your temp will probably go up to 45-50 c your current temp is not very good for idle you should consider getting a new heatsink with a quiet fan in it then you wouldnt need cool n quiet i overlocked my computer and its runes at 32 C. Lowering the speed of the fan would make things buggy becaue the higher the temp of your cpu the more sluggish it gets
  • bird
  • talktowomenplayhardtoget
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment