Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Any ideas on how to fix the fan in my 2000 Ford Focus?

I have already replaced the resistor pack for the fan but it still doesn't work. For a while, the fan was operating on its own at 2 speed and would not change despite moving the rotary knob. Later, the fan stopped working altogether. I have noticed other odd electrical %26quot;quirks%26quot; lately so I had the alternator tested as well. It is operated above12 Volt but only able to deliver 2A current at 2000RPM. Also, I checked the fuses and they are fine.Any ideas on how to fix the fan in my 2000 Ford Focus?
Heater fan ?, if so it may need to speed switch itself it may have burned out, I've seen this 2 or 3 times at work. Remove the radio and the heat control panel, check to see if the speed switch is burnt. if so try to get one from a junk yard there around $50.00 used. If the switch is not burnt out it may need the blower motor itself, check fuses there should be two of them for the heater fan 1=high speed only and 1=all the lower speeds.Any ideas on how to fix the fan in my 2000 Ford Focus?
I've got all schematics for blower motor and controls. Let me know if you need them to diagnose your problem.Any ideas on how to fix the fan in my 2000 Ford Focus?
2AMP current is normal if your battery is full of charge,cause by the regulator so it wont over charge your battery,,,



recheck your fuse,,,recheck resistor,,,,hit the fan motor on its side and see if it works ,if it does replace motor,brush worn out,,,,,



still not working ,,,,jumper motor direct from the battery to test,

if it works measure load in amps,,should be 60% of fuse rating or else youll burn your resistor again

No comments:

Post a Comment