Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Change card ram?

How can I change the amount of ram my vido card is allotted? I would like to give it more.



I want to do this because sometimes in a game textures will appear as black and purple checker boards but only after my computer has been on for a long time. Usually a restart will fix this.



Is this an over heating problem? Should i turn up my system fan speed, or is this a ram problem, I have a gig in here so I should be able to safely give it some without my computer suffering. Could it be my refresh rate? It is set at 60 right now.



My graphics card is an ATI RADEON EXPRESS 200 and right now it has 128mb to use.Change card ram?
The Video RAM (VRAM) is on the card and is hardware so you can't (sensibly) change that.



It does sound like there might be heat or other hardware issues going on here.



Too hard to diagnose in a chat site. Try a good repair/upgrade shop.

///Change card ram?
You can set the amount of system RAM it uses from within your computers BIOS. The maximum amount is 128MB, so if it is set to that already, that's as far as it will go. Go into your BIOS to check.

No comments:

Post a Comment