Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Speed Fan/ Almico.com?

I downloaded speed fan onto my Acer Laptop after installing a new fan.

Now my laptop is a doorstop.



I didn't change any values in speed fan and the laptop worked fine until I turned it off.



Now I can't even boot, I can't use the restore disks that came with the laptops. I can't do anything.



I looked up the owner of the site using internic to get a phone number to try and talk to someone to get help.



The person who answers the phone insisits I have a wrong number. They even had some girl call me back screaming at me to and I quote %26quot;quit wiggin out.%26quot; All I wanted was some help.



I think I will be filing suit against them for this. This laptop has all my business information on it and I will be loosing ALOT of money thanks to that program.



Anyway, does anyone know how I can get rid of this using the old dos command promts. I can't get to windows. Everytime I get to the log in screen the laptop shuts off.



Its not he power cord, its not he fan. That program is acting like a virus.



Any help would be appreciated.



Thanks!



Also if there are any lawyers that read this please contact me. I am very very interested in following through and sueing their pants off.



You cant reck peoples computers then call them and tell them to quit %26quot;wiggin out%26quot; like some little gangster.



Thanks in advance.



Speed Fan/ Almico.com?
You cannot blame them because they have a disclaimer on the site and install saying %26quot;We are not responsible for any actions that this program persues%26quot; etc. So don't go messing up their lives because you screwed up.



A program like this taking down a laptop is almost too rare to be anyone's fault. This proves that ANY program can be at fault so it is NOTHING to be admissable in court.



This program is safe, I've used it for years and it won't do something like that. If your BIOS has a checksum error this could be it but it is your laptop's reason why it crashed itself.



The program does nothing. Worst you'll do is spend the same amount of money on lawyers then buying a new laptop!!!!



They are 100% safe from being sued for obvious reasons. Get a life.



If you wrote a useful program and it happened to screw up ONE idiot's laptop, would you want to be sued for arbitrous reasons?



You installing a new fan would be the obvious fault over a non destructive program. Stop blaming others because you're not even able to do it yourself.Speed Fan/ Almico.com?
quit wiggin out!!!! just replace the old fan and see if that changes anything, the fan starts up by electrical means not by a program so it cannot be something the software is doing, ,the fan is fed 12v from the psu or battery interface with protection circuits , if the fan you fittted draws too much power it will shut down the system,if it runs to slow it will overheat and shut down the system if your lucky, Speed Fan/ Almico.com?
It sounds more like a hardware problem then a software problem. Speedfan does not run as a service during boot as far as I know. It sounds like something may be overheating or there is a problem with the motherboard, if your computer shuts off during a system restore disk session.



Did you use ESD protection? ESD protection is protecting against electrostatic discharge into the components of a motherboard. Human electrostatic discharge can fry a motherboard with no visible symptoms other then reboots or no response at all. Protection would be touching metal before touching sensitive parts or wearing an anti-static wrist strap.Speed Fan/ Almico.com?
SpeedFan is famous. Nothing to do with virus or spyware. It's a free program and it's amazing that you have a chance to download and use it for free.



Perhaps you could focus on debugging your issue but you won't get a lot of help from tech people by being ungrateful for such a generous service.



Speedfan does install a device driver and that could be the issue here. Most liekly you can get your Windows working fine again but it would probably be helpful if you edited you question to show some respect for a program that has helped so many people.



There is no software on the planet that works 100%... Hmmm didn't we lose a Mars lander beacuse of software that was checked a million times and everyone missed a bug?



So you might be the one in a million or it might be hardware stop being an ____ and focus on the solution...

No comments:

Post a Comment