Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Help with my Gateway laptop overheating?

My Gateway NV5214u Refurb off of TigerDirect came in a few days ago.

Lately, I've been noticing that it gets really really hot.

I can't change the fan settings on speed fan because I guess the motherboard isn't supported.

Here are the temperatures right now:

HD0 - 50C

Temp1 - 71C

Temp2 - 66C

Core - 68C



I don't understand why it's overheating so much, all I have up is Chrome and iTunes.

I have the laptop on a cooling dock right now, but I might buy a higher quality mat later on.



Does this happen to anyone else?

And can I get some advice on how to fix this?Help with my Gateway laptop overheating?
All lap tops get very hot on the bottom due to the compact size and closeness of the electrical components. The temps you listed are not out of operating range and not abnormal.

Using a lap top cooling pad with built in fans and connects by USB will help a lot.Help with my Gateway laptop overheating?
Make sure you aren't putting the laptop on a bed or anything other than a flat surface. Close programs that you don't need. Make sure the comp isn't running more programs than it needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment