Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sapphire graphics card....possible overheating and a few questions.?

Hello, Yeah I was playing mass effect and I think it totally overheated and crashed my computer.

I think my Catalyst control may be off.....It says the temp is 68c. But thats impossible.....for one Its been off alll night and its like 30degrees in here!I doubt a graphics card could get that hot in a matter of a few minutes doing nothing.



Is there any other software the can monitor my graphics card temp? Oh and how to I manually change the speed for the fan? catalyst doesn't seem to have a working one.



ThankyouSapphire graphics card....possible overheating and a few questions.?


Recent Radeon cards run very warm, and it's normal (68C doesn't sound abnormally high).



When a computer starts crashing under the load of running a game, you might also want to think about the power supply. Ask yourself, is the power supply completely adequate for the video card you're running? Could the power supply be wearing out, or failing (like from the additional load of a new video card, or because it's a few years old)?

Sapphire graphics card....possible overheating and a few questions.?
As far as manually setting your fan speeds and monitoring temperatures, you could try SpeedFan (http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php)



Speaking from personal experience I had a Sapphire prior to the card(s) I have now and noticed that it would constantly seem to be running too hot as well. Then one day I heard a loud pop and it smelled strongly of burning electronics. Opened up the case and the fan had actually melted off of the board itself.. might want to be sure the fan is still functioning onboard and potentially aim any other unused system fans that direction.Sapphire graphics card....possible overheating and a few questions.?
The HD3000 and HD4000 series cards run extremely hot. Some run near 75-80c even with proper ventilation. Catalyst has a fan control in their latest release. Make sure it's updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment