Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why does Sims 2 Deluxe cause my computer to shut down on its own?

I just installed Sims 2 Deluxe on my computer yesterday, and now I can't play the game without having my computer shut itself down. I can't get in more than 5 or 10 (fifteen if I'm lucky) minutes of game play before it quits. It's done this before, but only sometimes during a game (usually flash) and not as frequently. Full virus scans have found nothing, and defragmenting the computer improved the game's speed and performance, but did nothing about the computer shutting down. I've checked for overheating and did some light dusting around the fans, made sure everything was connected right, and tried some suggestions from Yahoo answers, like changing the restart options and virtual memory on the computer. Nothing I do seems to be working. One funny thing I noticed, though, is that it almost always turns off when I'm saving my game, oftentimes the third save I can get in. Any idea as to how I can play Sims without interruption?Why does Sims 2 Deluxe cause my computer to shut down on its own?
The game should not do this.



If you computer turns itself off completely, you have a overheating processor. My bet is that this is your problem, because you said that it has done it before.



In other words, the processor generates heat as it works, and if it overheated the thermal protection system will turn it off.



Your game is causing the processor to work harder than normal, and the heat builds quicker, and flips the breaker.



If it just reboots instead of shutting down, more than likely you have a corrupted windows installation, a software or a hardware problem.



Go to Start%26gt;Control Panel%26gt;Administrative Tasks%26gt;and select the Event Viewer. This will bring up an interface where you can see if Windows is trying to tell what is wrong.



On the left side, choose Applications (software), and the right screen will show you a list of messages. A lot of red means trouble, ignore the yellow and white.



Now choose System (hardware), and look for any red warnings.



If there are any red items double click on them and see if you can tell what the error is.



If both of these are clean I would REALLY suspect the overheating issue. Buy a new CPU fan.



As a side note, a failing CDROM will sometimes do this.Why does Sims 2 Deluxe cause my computer to shut down on its own?
Udate your antivirus and scan your coputer in safe mode. After you remove virus, I recommend you use firefox browser. It is safer than IE. It can prevent viruses such as worm,trojan and etc. The newest official edition of firefox can be downloaded from http://www.mollzia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment