Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do i stop internet connection going down when computer goes into standby?

I have had issue recently with my laptop where by it gets very hot very quickly, the fan boosting up to full speed within minutes of it being turned on, and then in some instances shutting itself down to prevent complete burnout. I am managing this by changing my power options to %26quot;power saver plan%26quot; and this seems to work. However being on this plan seems to have an adverse effect on my internet connection. When the laptop goes into sleep mode it disconnects from my modem/wireless router and then wont reconnect again (my named wireless connection doesn't even show in the %26quot;connect to%26quot; box when i click on %26quot;connect and disconnect icon%26quot; in the bottom right corner) This means i have to reboot all three things; modem, router and laptop to get an internet connection again! How can i stop this happening and leave my internet connection open even when the laptop goes into standby with out changing my power option away from %26quot;power saver plan%26quot;

Incidentally i run on Vista

thanksHow do i stop internet connection going down when computer goes into standby?
You need to take that laptop in for tech serviice. IT obviously should not be getting that hot so quickly. Aalso have you tried using sleep mode instead? That may work better for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment