Thursday, September 22, 2011

How has the internet changed the way you live? ?

This is just a simple question for the people, like me, who have incorporated the Internet into our daily lives/regimes. I only got full, proper, Internet little over 4 years ago, and since I got it, things have changed for me a lot. For example:



- When I am not with my friends, the phone hardly ever gets used. Why? Instant messaging. It is much quicker and simpler to use an IM client than it is to pick up the phone and spend the next hour talking which will add that little bit more to the phone bill. Plus with IM'ing, you can share music and links to cool websites within seconds, which would take a long time over the phone.



- I still read newspapers, but all the information I can get in the newspaper I can get online, from multiple sources and with discussion boards to talk about the information with other people. You don't get this in newspapers, although I still read them every day. Sometimes I will see something of interest in the newspaper, and go online and look further into it, which takes only seconds to do with search engines.



- Video sharing. AKA. YouTube. The majority of the community may be racist, sexist, trolling jerks, but the sheer fact that I can search for a video clip and find it within seconds would appeal to anybody. Not only that, I can store my favorite clips, and get connected with fans of the same stuff in seconds. Why would anybody not want that?



- E-mail. Simple, effective and once you are used to it, you'll probably never want to use normal mail ever again. If I send my CV to over 10 employers by regular mail, it can take days, even weeks, for them to arrive. Whereas with email, there is an almost 95% guarantee that they will be delivered within seconds after I sent them. E-mail has it faults, don't get me wrong, but the speed my stuff arrives is incredible to any new Internet user.



- Social networking. If my colleagues are on the same social networking site as me, we can all get connected and share messages and the sort after work has finished. Perfect. I can keep in contact with people on the other side of the globe, or people I know, without paper mail that can take ages to arrive at it's destination.





Anyway, that's my side of the story. I cant imagine life without the internet right now lol. So, what do you think? No stupid comments or calling me a nerd etc. :DHow has the internet changed the way you live? ?
yup, you pretty much wrapped things up there, the internet gives you fast access to anywhere and anything, while a newspaper takes time to get to your house.How has the internet changed the way you live? ?
I agree with all you say, and do all. I am connected, even tied, to my computer like a baby to a pacifier.How has the internet changed the way you live? ?
I'm not calling you a nerd, i'm calling you smart and goodthinking. And if the comment is stupid I dont know.



What'I can tell you is that noone born after like 1985 can't image life without internet. I'm from 1993 and I can't too, but I can imagine how it's like to have no internet. But these days internet is crucial. For your work, or to keep contact at far distances. Internet is one of the most important things in the world, right after life (XD).



I can't say much about it further, but internet changed all of our lives, i can tell you that.How has the internet changed the way you live? ?
It also enables me to run a small business from home.

I retired a few years ago and would be bored witless if I couldn't get on the 'net and talk to people.

A lot of people my age (only 60) seem to have no interest in 'all that technical stuff' and are content to sit around growing old.

Also made some great friends who I'll probably never meet but have a lot in common with.

Some of the answers I see posted here also make me realise that not all the young people out there are as stupid as some oldies think they are.

Check out my site and see if you think I'm a nerd too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment