Thursday, September 22, 2011

Over Clocking My AMD 3800+ X2 CPU?

CPU-Z States the Following:



Core Speed: 2000mhz

Multiplier: x10

Bus Speed: 200mhz



Well i have a vague idea on how to Over Clock Things

and so i did a little bitty test to see if it did anything

I wasn't expecting any noticeable results more to see if my computer would die from me doing it.



QUESTION!

I went into my bios soft menu and i changed my FSB to 220mhs and Left My Multiplier at x10



So am i now running at 2.2ghz? Am i missing anything?

What volatages should i be running per level of over clocking. As in @ 2.2ghz 1.4v 2.4ghz 1.45v 2.6ghz 1.5v



and so on so forth. Not saying thats what the actual voltages would be just showing you how i want you to explain it to me :]



If you could let me know ASAP That would be great i wana see if i can get up to 2.4ghz maybe...Dont really know how it will go, i have 4 90mm case fans and a stock heatsink that came with the cpu so who knows. I'll keep an eye on my tempsOver Clocking My AMD 3800+ X2 CPU?
You only need to increase voltage to stabilize your overclock. Increasing Vcore also increases the heat generated by processor. If you do not use memory frequency divider, it is your RAM that will hit instability sooner than your processor.



Except for the %26quot;X2 Black Edition%26quot;, upper multipliers are LOCKED. You can only adjust processor clock.



It may help if you read more on overclocking:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,16

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/dis
  • computers via usb cord
  • excel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment