Thursday, September 22, 2011

Still waiting for solution on 2000 kia sportage engine noise?

I asked a while ago about a noise on my 2000 kia sportage. The noise as I explained before is worse when the weather is warm. For instance started this week when the weather here in NJ hit 85 degrees. One thing I noticed is for example when I drive on the highway the car is going fine for miles and miles , but if I have to stop because of a toll booth , when I try to go again from beign stopped, the noise starts , sounds as if the car is going uphill. Before stopping the car feels light and agil, fast enough for highway speed and enjoyable to drive, but after stopping and until getting a few miles into higher speed again the car feels as if is not reacting as it should , feels kind of heavy on the acceleration, it goes, but is very different that before stopping. It sounds as I am pulling something heavy behind the car, the transmission shfts fine and the engine doesnt overheat or anything . there are no leaks . this is the list of parts I have changed trying to find the problem: water pump, timing belt and tensioners, air conditioning compressor, belts, tune up, transmission fluid and clean filter, fan clutch. I have one more question , the belt goes through the radiator fan and to the left of the car (passenger side in front) there is the a/c compressor and underneath is something else , I do not know if it is the emissions pump , but it is something that runs with the belt also and is directly under the a/c compressor. Could that part be the problem? and if could be , how can be tested? Thank you . CGStill waiting for solution on 2000 kia sportage engine noise?
Sounds like your timing is fast.I would get it checked.Still waiting for solution on 2000 kia sportage engine noise?
ok if you got a noise and you have not not driving it why not drive into any shop along any road you drive on and just ask hey would you listen to my car it sounds funny you know longer you drive it while you knowing its not right just cost you more money and more damage sorry hard to say what a sound might be without hearing it but by the sound of it you have pretty much hit and miss everything so far guessing dirty fuel system you know guessing at things just cost you money an dmost likely coul dhave took it to a shop and not payed as much as you have replacing good parts

No comments:

Post a Comment