Thursday, June 2, 2011

Twilight fan fiction #2?

i know i did one before this but i changed it a lot and i was wondering if it was any better?



Carlisle.



She had asked me to do it, to help him live. I was alone, in need of a companion. His mother had passed away and nobody would pay enough attention to realise he was missing. August 18th, it was in the height of the Spanish Influenza epidemic and people were dying every minute. He was dying also and if i did not help him when i did he would have soon followed his mothers and fathers footsteps.

I strode into the west hospital wing, sliding my arms through my white jacket just as another day was ending. Twilight is the safest time of day for my kind and so I had chosen to take the night shifts. Being heavily greeted as usual by the nurses and other patients, I took the old stairwell to the top level. Sighing heavily, I realised many new patients had been sent here during the day as a few hundred had passed away. It was part of mortal life to die and I could not escape the fact that many would not come out of this epidemic alive. I put on a welcoming smile as I walked past the crowded wards until I came to a large wooden door with a big black ??on the front, telling me it was my assigned ward. Opening the door a familiar smell of detergent still hung limply in the stuffed room. The ward was long, with around forty beds closely shoved next to each other, the influenza wasn檛 getting any better and we only had limited spaces available. The walls which were once a newly painted white were now fading into an unpleasant dirty yellow and the floors were in need of cleaning. These conditions were not the best, but that was not my worry. Many of my patients were seriously ill, and in all my years of studying medicine it pleased me no more than to cure them.

Sweat glistened as it rolled down the pale cheeks of the boy. His name was Edward Mason and he was just 17. With his rich forest green eyes closed, his limp body lay motionless on the bed. Damp with sweat, his hair was a rusty bronze, messy and greasy. Edward had many of his mothers?features; her perfect structure was strangely built in to her son. He was beautiful and it was clear that he was her son. Quiet groans frequently emerged from his fragile lips. I couldn檛 just stand there and watch this innocent boy die. He had his whole life in front of him, but it was stolen, just as my whole human existence was taken away from me. The decision had to be made now. Every second, he was slipping closer into unconsciousness.

I acted on instinct that second. I quickly scanned the dirty white room, looking for anybody who would be paying attention. I drew an ugly patterned curtain around his cubicle for privacy .Of course nobody would come in. The would think he was dead already, so I took a step closer to the boy and held his warm face in my stone cold grasp. He did not fight or try to get away from my touch. Instead he welcomed the cool feeling of my palms; too exhausted to even try to talk he just opened his eyes and gave me a thankful look. I closed the inches from his neck to my lips. All these centuries of teaching myself how to control my vile hunger for human blood could all be wasted, I could lose myself, if I lost control for just one second?br>
I knew I could do it, I controlled my thirst for many years and the once sweet and tempting smell of human blood did now not affect me. This wasn檛 about me anymore. I slowly opened my lips, took a breath and bit down into his flesh. His pulse was slow but the blood was still flowing warm and luscious. His pulse violently stuttered and increased as the venom was taking action, slowly changing him from mortal to immortal. As my venom flowed silently into his bloodstream he writhed and screamed in agony. Edward was burning from my venom and I had to get him out of herend fast.

Ripping the curtain away, I grabbed the boy and quickly carried him protectively in my arms. Running at human speed through the corridor, many concerned eyes fell on the struggling body in my arms, I just kept on going. I needed to get to the back building where a window opened onto a forgotten alleyway. When I was out of human eyes, I broke into a full run. Dashing down the stairs and whipping through doors. His heart rate was slowing but I needed to keep him breathing. Reaching the back of the hospital, I thrust the stiff window open, cradled Edward in my iron cage grip and jumped. With a soft thud we landed on the stone ground. He was confused and in agony.

Still cradling Edward, we ran through the night. The tight streets were empty but I could hear the scuttle of rats in the alleyways, the quiet dripping of the nearby drains and the loud and drunken laughs muffled by walls. A harsh scent of alcohol and tobacco fumes burned my nostrils as we passed pubs. Eventually, we reached the edge of the dense forest. Edward檚 expression was pained and he could not keep quiet for long. No matter, we were nearly at my house. The place I didn檛Twilight fan fiction 2?
sounds good good for you nicely written we don't ever know what is going on in carlises head so that was interesting :)Twilight fan fiction 2?
my fanfiction pen nane is twilighterabby :)

thank you.

Report Abuse

Twilight fan fiction 2?
this is really really good. are you writing this story on fanfiction.net?

if you are please tell me your pen name and continue with this story.

it's amazing and I'm already hooked.

write more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment