Thursday, June 2, 2011

Laptop overheating, CPU load high even with no activity...?

I've got an ACER ASPIRE 5100, you can find its stats here:



http://uk.gizmodo.com/2006/07/13/acer_aspire_5100_dual_core_amd.html



Everytime I use my laptop even a couple a moments after start up, it begins to slow down, Drastically...



I have made sure that there are no unnecessary programs on my laptop, and I don't have any big applications like games or anything... I use C Cleaner, Auslogics Disk Defragmenter, Auslogics Registry Defragmenter, Full Speed Internet Boost, and I use Firefox...



I use SUPERANTISPYWARE and AVG for my virus protection.



All of these programs are updated to the latest versions, and I keep windows update updated frequently. All of my hardware in device manager seems in working order.



I recently downloaded the Kaspersky Virus Scanner, and Exterminate It, temporarily to find any hidden viruses, but nothing... I removed these 2 afterwards.



I think the problem may be my fan...



I recently downloaded Hardware control center... but this didn't seem to change anything, so i uninstalled it afterward. Just before I have installed %26quot;Speedfan%26quot; to see if i can tweak the settings of my fan, in order to speed it up... but I dont know how to change these settings safely. I have nothing to go by...



I need some help and advice, how to stop my computer running slow, to stop the left side of my computer (the air vent) heating up, and to stop the CPU load going right upto 100% even sometimes when nothing is running on my computer.



---



The CPU seems to reach 100% quickly when playing Java games...



and the games become laggy and unplayable...



---



SOMEONE HELP?Laptop overheating, CPU load high even with no activity...?
more ram?,get a colling pad, check the process and see whats using the most memory,Laptop overheating, CPU load high even with no activity...?
I would get a cooling fanLaptop overheating, CPU load high even with no activity...?
This will only help the %26quot;symptom%26quot;, but I got one of those Belkin laptop fans - it's like a small platform with a fan built in.



I like it and it was only about 20 dollars. Since I've had it I haven't had any trouble with heating up, or my fan going into overdrive (sounding like a plane about to take off). You might want to give one a try.



You can read epinions about this device - that's what sold me.Laptop overheating, CPU load high even with no activity...?
have you tried physically cleaning the inside of your laptop?

No comments:

Post a Comment