Thursday, June 2, 2011

Car Engine Overheating?

I have Honda Accord 97 special Edition,Since last three months I have been seeing my engine temp gauge sometimes goes up more than half when it stops in traffic light,means it goes all the way up to 3/4 and red sign,Earlier I changed tharmostat,didn't have any impact,It happens only when I am stuck on traffic,then when car moves on it becomes normal,yesterday i was coming from work to home,outside temp was 35 degree celcius,was stuck on traffic,all of a sudden temp gauge goes all the way up close to red sign,i stopped car and called mechanic,he advised me to turn on Fan in full speed,after I do so within 2 minutes it becomes normal,today i went to him started car and showed him how it increases,as soon as A/C turns on it becomes normal cuz Fan turns on,he told me to it needs to change Rad relay cuz Fan is not kicking in when temp goes up,I saw same thing,temp gauge went all the way up to 3/4 and close to red but still fan is not kicking in..but when I start off car right away fan startCar Engine Overheating?
The radiator fan isn't coming on for some reason. If he already replaced the fan relay, he might need to replace the fan temp switch. This is what tells the fan to come on when the car reaches a certain temperature. The fan comes on automatically when you have the AC on, so if I were you I'd just turn on the AC and let it run until you get this fixed. It's really bad to let the engine overheat.Car Engine Overheating?
Temperature sensor may be going out or even the water pump is no longer pumping enough water because it is wearing out or radiator may be clogging up.Car Engine Overheating?
It sounds like your mechanic is right. You may also need a new temp sensor. If the temp sensor is bad it could be sending temp readings that are incorrect and that's why your fan might not be kicking on.
  • wedding hair styles
  • myspace profile songs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment