Thursday, June 2, 2011

How can I disable CPU fan warnings on an HP Pavilion?

I bought a new, better CPU cooler to replace the stock one in my HP Pavilion A6750Y. It is a bigger fan and therefore runs more slowly than the stock AMD one the computer came with.



The problem: my computer thinks the new fan is failing because of the low speed and refuses to boot up as a result: the bios expects a higher RPM reading from the fan so it shuts the computer down.



How can I change the BIOS so that the computer does not shut itself down before it boots up and therefore allows me to use the new fan? I can't find a fan control option in the BIOS.



AMD Phenom 9650 x4; AM2 socket; MSI Aspen-GL8E mainboard.



Many thanks!How can I disable CPU fan warnings on an HP Pavilion?
If this fan was design for your computer and then computer is still protecting itself from over heating, your new fan is failing. It is not reaching standard operating RPM's. No matter how big it is your Basic Input Output system expects a certain rpm to keep your processor cool. Take it back and get an appropriate cooling fan. Generally HP is propriatory meaning it only works with its on manufacturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment