Thursday, June 2, 2011

My laptop has been getting overheated recently... help?

It seems that my laptop has been getting very hot recently, where the fan is.

I took it to a computer repair shop a little while ago for an unrelated problem, but I did tell him that I was also having problems with CPU spikes, in which my laptop would freeze randomly for long periods of time, sometimes up to 10 minutes, and then come back. It would happen during anything- whether I was on youtube, playing a computer game, or whether I left it sitting idle. He told me that it was getting very hot, and that my CPU was located close to the fans. I didn't have any problems for a while (he cleaned out the fan) but recently it's been getting SO hot.

It used to just get hot when I would play a huge game like the Sims3. Now, it's hot whenever. It could stay on for hours and I'd never feel heat, but now I start to after its been running for 20 minutes, and gets BOILING hot when I play the sims3. If you play the sims3, you know that you use the numbers %26quot;1 - 3%26quot; on the keyboard to change the time speed. It will get so uncomfortable from the heat that I can't hold my hand there for more than 20 minutes.



I don't really trust myself to open it up and check the fan to see if it's clogged with hair or something; we have two cats that sneak up on my desk at night, they probably sleep on my laptop! Are there any step-by-step instructions online (with pictures) that can show me how/where to open it up and clean the fan? Should I take it back to the computer repair shop? Any ideas would be helpful...



Thanks :)My laptop has been getting overheated recently... help?
tl dr



but either get a cooling station for it, or use it lessMy laptop has been getting overheated recently... help?
. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.%26gt;-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`%26gt;--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\



Sigh....idk

No comments:

Post a Comment