Thursday, June 2, 2011

99 Corolla, 130K miles, manual shift. What maintenence should I request or decline?

My corolla is in need of some attention and I just got a new job an hour away. It is in good running condition, but seems to be burning oil. What I mean is that it doesn't leak, but I have to add at 2 quarts every 1500 miles. Does burning oil literally mean that it is burning up and does it disappear? Its this harming my car? How can I prevent it?



Last, I need to make some repairs and do maintenence.

The exhaust is loud in the front end at lower speeds and makes a small backfire popping sound when I accellerate. I also need to fix the fan on my heater/AC, and the washer fluid doesn't spray.

I'll change the oil too. Should I get a tune-up or change the timing belt? What else should I do?

Is this all a reasonable investment in a car this age?99 Corolla, 130K miles, manual shift. What maintenence should I request or decline?
the oil burning will not go away.but you need to change timing belt,fuel filter.these are good cars. i have one with 204k runs great99 Corolla, 130K miles, manual shift. What maintenence should I request or decline?
It sounds like you might want to consider leasing a new car, especially with an oil burner and a two hour commute. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment