Thursday, June 2, 2011

CPU Fan spinning Very Slow?

I just received my CPU fan/heatsink that I ordered from Newegg today and when I Installed it I noticed that the fan was only spinning at 530 rpms. I have looked everywhere and the only solution I can find involves changing settings in the bios, but my Bios do not have any options for Fans, temperature or anything related. The fan doesnt even speed up when the cpu is at Full load and at 70* Celsius.



This is the Heatsink/fan

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106135



I am using Everest Ultimate to measure the fan speed.

My Specs

Windows 7

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.7ghz

2gigs of ram

Asus MCP61P-IVY-00 MOBO [I think]



Does anyone know How I can fix this?

Thank you for any helpCPU Fan spinning Very Slow?
You can change the Fan's voltage in most of BIOS, check it in your BIOS settings. Or, you can download software from internet that can change BIOS setting for you. Just Google %26quot;BIOS management software windows%26quot;.

No comments:

Post a Comment