Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Few Questions about House Baseball MLB Names and other stuff (Read On)?

1. Does anyone wonder how they determine each house teams name. Especially since most leagues have at least half the coaches returning and the fact most leagues don't have 1 of the same nams each year



(Example- Last yr my house league had: Indians, Reds, Astros, Yankees, and Dodgers. This year- Cardinals, Mets, Cubs, Braves, Blue Jays)



Do they do a random pick, first year coachs pick their favorite team, random, when they go to %26quot;Team MLB and say %26quot;Tigers are better than Yankees%26quot; or what. I know obviously there's no set way but what is it usually?



2. What are the %26quot;Sports Laws%26quot; on house team hats. For example my friend a Sox fan plays on a house team %26quot;The Yankees%26quot;. Well it's an exception he can where his Yanks hat when playing what are the %26quot;laws%26quot; for outside the game. Is it unfair they have to not wear it when everyone else does. I know it's no set in stone stuff but wondering cause everyone has strangly strong opinions



3) You ever look at Mets little league jerseys and wonder %26quot;Why the hell do they wear orange? Always bugged me



4) Also ever notice in a little league game w/little kids (5-7 range) there always seems one guy who quotes the rulebook. I've umped these games and I usually keep it flexible cause its' ROOKIES and they don't keep score anyway. For instance last week I had a game where one kid refused to swing at any pitches (The league doesn't call taken strikes only swinging). Eventually after the millionth %26quot;No Pitch%26quot; I talked to both coaches and we agreed to speed the game up on a %26quot;3 taken and then we'll call strikes rule%26quot;. Both teams were okay except one guy who insisted we can't change the rules even though the kid refused to swing. Anyone else hate %26quot;That Guy%26quot;



5) Is an 8yr old who gets ejected froma little league game for dropping a couple %26quot;Eff%26quot; bombs horrible or hilarious



I know I got away from the jerseys but just was thinking thisA Few Questions about House Baseball MLB Names and other stuff (Read On)?
1.Nope... they are always the same in my town.

2. I don't follow.

3. The mets replaced the dodgers and giants as Ny's NL team the blue represents the dodgers and the orange represents the giants.

4. yeah, that guy is lame.

5. hilarious to me.
  • creating file
  • cover up beauty marks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment